An arrest warrant search in Hennepin County, Minnesota, does not take a lot of time or effort, particularly because the local police department offers a lot of information on criminal matters online. For instance, if the subject is a habitual offender and has more than one outstanding warrant to his name or if arrests are being sought in connection with serious criminal misdoings, you can easily find details about the person in question in the most wanted list.
The sheriff’s office provides online access to this list through their website at http://www.hennepinsheriff.org/jail-warrants/most-wanted/list. However, it should be noted here that not everybody with active warrants from Hennepin County will find their names in this list. In fact, the police will only publish details about an offender when they have been unable to take him into custody.
For all other inquiries, you can get in touch with one of the three agencies listed below. These offices provide name-based warrant searches. In response to such inquiries, they will offer details on the arrest records in the name of the subject, outstanding warrants to be executed, court details on how criminal charges against the person were handled, and more. To get your warrants and arrests search started, go to:
- The sheriff’s department: Room 6, Courthouse, 350 South Fifth Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415
- The magistrate’s court: 401 4th St S, Minneapolis, MN 55415
- The county clerk’s office: 300 South Sixth Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55487-0083
Is it possible to get information on Hennepin County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- Contact the Sheriff’s Department at 612-348-2000 if you are interested in a warrant search and have the warrant number.
- Contact the District Court at 612-348-2040 if you need judicial records or information on active warrants (without a warrant number)
- Contact the law enforcement agency at 612-348-3744 if you want to access arrest records.
- Call the Hennepin County Jail at 612-348-5112 if you’re looking for information on recent arrests.
- Contact the Investigation Division at 612-348-3755 (for victims only) if you want information regarding a criminal case.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at 612-543-3515, if you want to access police records such as an accident or arrest report.
- Contact the Victim Witness Division at 612-348-4003 (Adult felony) and 612-348-7916 (Juvenile felony) if you need information on victim support.
Crime statistics of Hennepin County
In 2019, the Hennepin Sheriff’s Department received 64 criminal complaints, compared to 79 in 2018. The 64 cases reported were the sum of 44 complaints in the property crimes category and 20 complaints in the violent crimes category.
More than 30 larceny thefts, 5 burglaries, and 4 motor vehicle thefts were recorded as property offenses. The cases filed in the violent crimes category were all against assault.
Over the last couple of years, there has been very little movement in the crime averages of Hennepin County, Minnesota. Despite this, nearly 51,000 criminal incidents are reported in the area per annum, which makes this one of the more unsafe regions of the state. Of the criminal complaints filed with the police, almost 12% can be attributed to violent crimes.