For an arrest warrant search in Watonwan County, MN, you should connect with the county clerk’s department. Although the police and the magistrate’s court can also provide information on locally issued active warrants and arrest records, the clerk of court will provide so much supplemental information that any inquiry launched through this agency will be well worth the time and effort.
The deputies of the county clerk are present at all court sessions to record the trial proceedings. The information collected is added to the court dockets repository that the department is in charge of. As the issue of an arrest warrant in Watonwan County signals the start of the criminal process, this is noted in the dockets. Eventually, arrest records and court verdicts, etc., are also added to this file.
However, it is not just the criminal courts that are served by the deputies of the clerk of court. The personnel of this agency also frequents civil tribunals. So, you stand to get information about civil litigations from this office, including cases about family matters, divorce, adoption, probate, and commercial cases.
On the other hand, the police will get you data about all the criminal red flags in the past of the subject, including arrests and Watonwan County outstanding warrants. The magistrate’s court is a good place to seek details on all the legal provisions issued against the subject apart from active warrants.
- The sheriff’s: PO Box 168, Saint James, Minnesota 56081
- The magistrate’s: 710 2nd Ave S, St James, MN 56081
- The county clerk’s: PO Box 518, St. James, Minnesota 56081
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Watonwan County over the phone? (2021-current)
- Details on arrests can be obtained by calling the Watonwan County Jail – 507-375-1206.
- Information on County outstanding warrants can be availed from the Sheriff’s Office- 507-375-3121.
- Information about victim’s right and assistance can be sought from the Victim Services Coordinator- 507-375-3260.
- Details about initiating a case search can be obtained from the Office of the Clerk of Court- 507-621-6005.
Crime statistics of Watonwan County
Around 26 cases of property crimes and 8 cases of violent crimes were investigated by Watonwan County Police in 2019. The annual crime average was 34 incidents as compared to the 45 complaints recorded in 2018.
Nearly 5 cases of rape and 3 cases of serious assault were among the 8 violent crime cases. There were 15 burglaries, 10 larceny-thefts, and 1 motor vehicle theft among the 26 property crime incidents.
Of the 220 complaints filed with the sheriff’s department of Watonwan County, Minnesota, only about 4.5% are lodged against violent acts of crime. The remainder of that figure is made up of property crimes. Starting in 2001, there was a rise of nearly 50% in the rates of criminal acts that were violent.