If you are interested in a warrant search in Ramsey County, you must use the warrant-lookup service available on the county sheriff’s office website.
Because information on active warrants in MN is a part of public records, you will find details on all orders of arrests issued in the last 10 years from the warrants office of the local law enforcement agency and the judiciary. So, look at the different ways you can initiate a Ramsey County warrants search.
- For an online warrant search: This facility is available on this website. The tool can be used to find a Ramsey County warrant using the last name of a subject. Alternatively, you can also access the arrest warrant database of the local sheriff’s office through this tool.
- For an offline warrant search Ramsey County: Although you will find information on all warrants issued in Ramsey County by the Second Judicial District (District court), if you need details on a warrant issued to the office of Sheriff Bob Fletcher that is older than ten years or if your warrant search involves access to data on arrest orders that have been resolved, you will have to get in touch with the office of Ramsey County Sheriff in person at 425 Grove St, St Paul, MN 55101.
You can also find information on inmates lodged in Ramsey County jail online. This facility is available at ramseycounty.us.
Click on the link that reads “Booking Reports” (to your right) to access the current Ramsey County jail roster. Typically, people who are interested in warrant searches are looking for data from multiple counties in the state. So, here is a look at how you can get details on the arrest warrants from the most populous county of MN.
How to check for warrants in Hennepin County, Minnesota?
At this time, you cannot get details on the arrest warrants issued in Hennepin through the website of the local Sheriff’s Department. However, there are other ways in which you can access this information. For instance:
· You will find the area’s most-wanted list online at hennepinsheriff.org.
· You can also get in touch with the Public Safety Facility of the sheriff’s office at 401 South Fourth Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415.
Public records can also be accessed online through the office of the judiciary.
How do you get details on Minnesota search warrants?
A search warrant is also a court-issued order that grants certain powers to the police. For instance, while an arrest warrant orders the police to detain a persona and bring him before the court, a Minnesota search warrant is issued to allow the police to enter and search a privately owned property to find objects/evidence related to criminal acts.
At this time, there is no online or offline provision to find search warrants issued by local courts. Moreover, it is unlikely that law enforcement agencies will publish information on these public domain orders shortly.
Can you also find consumer reports from the Office of Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher?
First, you need to understand that the police department does not fit the description of a consumer reporting agency as laid down by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. In fact, even private establishments that provide criminal records to community members do not qualify as agencies allowed to disburse financial records.
So, you can find lists of detentions and a file of an incident that called for police intervention from the sheriff’s office. However, neither does this agency have information typically included in consumer reports nor does the county sheriff’s office have the authority to access such information unless connected with the investigation of a criminal act.
Even so, no criminal report made available to the public will not include financial data and information such as the social security number, which can be used to access such information. So, unless you are legally allowed to access such details on your subject, you won’t have much luck on this front.
The Information and Public Records Service Team is one of four Service Teams and a Strategic Team that makes up Ramsey County’s departments. This team includes these departments: Communications & Public Relations, County Assessor, and Information Services.
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrest inquiry in Ramsey County? (2023)
- Call the Ramsey County Detention Center at 651-266-9350 for information on arrests and prisoners.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at 651-266-9333 for general information,
- Contact the Records Unit at 651-266-7300 for arrest records and police reports.
- Call Investigative Services at 651-266-7320 for information about a criminal investigation
- Call the Warrants Unit at 651-266-9320 for information about arrest warrants.
- Call the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office at 651-266-315 for the victim’s assistance.
- Contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at 651-266-8237 for information on submitting a request for a criminal background check.
Crime Statistics of Ramsey County
Approximately 1400 criminal complaints were filed in Ramsey County in 2019. Around 1250 were for property offenses such as larceny-theft (930), burglary (158), and automobile thefts (161). Among the 141 complaints filed against violent crimes, there were 91 incidents of serious assault and 22 cases of rape.