Searching for Stearns County, Minnesota outstanding warrants is easy. The sheriff’s department maintains a website that has a comprehensive list of online services. There is a list of active warrants to scroll through and a search box that can take you directly to the entry you are looking for. Go tohttps://www.clickcomplete.com/jail/default.cfm?PID=1.2.
Besides a warrant search, this website also allows you to search Stearns County, Minnesota’s most wanted and search past and present jail inmates. A common-sense disclaimer warns about trying to approach or apprehend individuals on the most wanted list. These individuals should be considered dangerous, and the police should be alerted if you see them.
Arrest warrants in Stearns County can be issued for fairly minor offenses like driving violations to more serious offenses like robbery and rape. If an officer sees you break the law, he can take you into custody immediately; if he does not see it, yet he believes it happened, he can have a warrant signed by a judge. The officer must provide persuasive evidence called probable cause. This evidence does not have to meet the burden of proof needed for conviction; it only needs to validate the officer’s suspicion.
An outstanding warrant for arrest is an order from the court directing the police to apprehend an individual. Laws that govern arrest warrants in Stearns County are not unique because they are guided by the 4th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
Can you access the Stearns County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- To learn more about arrests and prisoners, contact the jail at 320-259-3760.
- For general information, reach out to the Sheriff’s Office at 320-251-4240.
- For arrest records and incident reports, get in touch with the Records and Communication at 320-259-3730.
- For investigation-related inquiries, contact the Crime Investigation Division at 320-259-3702 (for victims only).
- To get information on outstanding arrest warrants, contact the Warrants Division at 320-259-3955.
- To speak with the victim’s advocate, contact the Stearns County Attorney’s Office at 320-656-3880.
- For information on submitting a request for a criminal background check and court case records, contact the Court Administration at 320-656-3620.
Crime statistics of Stearns County
In 2019, the Stearns Sheriff’s Office received 185 criminal complaints, compared to 281 in 2018. There were 164 property offenses and 21 violent crimes among them.
Property offenses included 124 larceny thefts, 32 burglaries, and 8 motor vehicle thefts. In the category of violent crimes, there were 8 aggravated assaults, 12 rapes, and 1 robbery.
Of the 32,000 or so crimes that occurred between 2000 and 2008, more than 90% of them were property crimes. Violent crime represents a smaller percentage of the total crime rate, but it has risen at a similarly rapid rate as the total crime in Stearns County, MN. Overall, crime during this time rose by over 75%.