Like other geographical divisions of MN, there is no way to conduct an arrest warrant search in Faribault County through online means. This means that applicants can either use the services of private entities that are not affiliated with state sources or they should be prepared to put in some legwork.
These third-party agencies collect the information for their database from state agencies. The distinctive benefit of initiating a search through them is that you can find arrest records and outstanding warrants from all over the country. Of course, the fact that these warrant checks can be conducted online only adds to their allure.
However, there is also a drawback. While the information on all active warrants and arrests in the name of your subject will flash on your computer screen within seconds of launching the inquiry, you cannot very well carry these results in their electronic form to official arenas. So, this recourse is best reserved for ‘informative only’ searches.
If you need to submit the background report to an employer or an adoption or immigration firm, you will need to get it from a state agency that is part of the justice system. For this, you will have to take your inquiry into active warrants and detentions to one of the departments stated below:
- Law enforcement: PO Box 130, Blue Earth, Minnesota 56013
- Judiciary: 415 N Main St, Blue Earth, MN 56013
- County clerk: PO Box 130, Blue Earth, Minnesota 56013
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Faribault County? (2021- Update)
- Connect with the Faribault County Jail at (507) 526-5148 to learn about recent arrests.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at (507) 526-5148 to make a non-emergency complaint.
- Call (victims only) Criminal investigations at (507) 526-5148 Ext. 2109 to speak with a detective assigned to your case.
- Call the Faribault County Jail Desk at (507) 526-5148 Ext. 2151 to make an appointment for a prison visit.
- Call the Police Records Division at (507) 526-5335 Ext. 2005 to find out how to conduct a local criminal history check.
- Call the Faribault County Attorney’s Office at (507) 526-4564 to speak with Victim/Witness Services.
- Call the Clerk of Court at (507) 526-6273 to learn about accessing court dockets and judicial records
Crime statistics of Faribault County
In 2019, the Sheriff’s Department of Faribault County dealt with about 39 criminal complaints. Property offenses accounted for 27 of these complaints. There were 11 larceny-theft cases, 8 burglary cases, and 8 vehicle theft cases in this category. The 12 cases filed under the violent crime category were all instances of assault.
Faribault County, Minnesota, has a history of low to medium range crime rates, with only about 200 criminal complaints coming to light every year. However, this scenario may change rapidly, given the rise of over 90% in violent crime rates. Another worrisome trend emerges when the crime figures are closely scrutinized; almost half of the criminal occurrences take place about a mile away from an area that the victim knows well.