An arrest warrant search in Aitkin County, MN, will bring back a wealth of information about the subject. This is one of the primary reasons why scores of applicants find their way to government offices each year to launch such inquiries. Experts are divided on which agency is the best source of information for such investigations.
While some state that the cops would be the best choice for seeking details on arrest records and active warrants, which qualify as crime history data, others favor the judiciary, which also plays a crucial role in the processing of adult offenders in the area. In reality, there are no restrictions placed on applicants when it comes to the department they ought to approach. You can very well get in touch with more than one agency to look into your subject’s past.
In fact, we have not even mentioned private entities that offer information on nationwide arrests and outstanding warrants for a fee here. The advantage of going through these third-party entities is that they offer details through their websites which is a far simpler and more convenient way to look for information than driving down to a state agency.
However, while state departments like the office of the sheriff and the magistrate court can offer formal background reports, these websites can only serve as a means of gathering information. In other words, the data provided by these private agencies enjoy no legal standing. You can also find civil court dockets through the county clerk’s office, a facility not offered by private information vendors. If you are interested in the latter, fill the form above or go to:
- Law enforcement: 217 2nd St NW, Aitkin, Minnesota 56431
- Judiciary: 209 2nd St NW, Aitkin, MN 56431
- County Clerk: County Courthouse, Aitkin, Minnesota 56431
How do you get information about Aitkin County warrants and arrests over the phone? (Updated in 2021)
- Call the Aitkin County Jail’s phone number to learn about recent arrests- 218-927-7456.
- Call the Sheriff’s Office to record a non-emergency complaint- 218-927-7400.
- Call Jail Administration to arrange a prison visit-218-927-7444.
- Call the law enforcement agency for details on outstanding warrants-218-927-7433.
- Call the Clerk of Court for a case search and judicial records-related questions- 218-927-7350.
- Call the Aitkin County Attorney’s Office to reach Victim/Witness Services-218-927-7446.
Crime statistics of Aitkin County
In 2019, the Aitkin County Sheriff’s Department dealt with about 178 criminal complaints. Around 167 of the complaints were for property crimes. There were 99 cases of larceny-theft, 59 incidents of burglary, and 9 cases of motor vehicle theft in this category. Allegations of aggravated assault resulted in the filing of 7 violent crime complaints.
The sheriff’s department of Aitkin County, Minnesota receives approximately 450 complaints every year; however, less than 5% of these are made against violent acts. In fact, annually, this crime category brings in only about 14 cases. This situation may change in the future, given the increase of almost 20% in the occurrence rates of such crimes.