Freeborn County Warrants and Arrest Records Search

Minnesota Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your Minnesota criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

Many Minnesota counties offer a free online arrest warrants search; however, Freeborn County, MN does not. The only other online options are databases that you have to pay for, and the information is not reliable. Calling the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Department will give you accurate, up-to-date information on whether or not you have an active warrant. If their search does return a warrant in your name, you have the option of turning yourself in. Please visit their office, and they will give you the current status of any outstanding warrants in Freeborn County and guidance on their preferred method of surrender.

If you choose not to turn yourself in, you are inviting unplanned arrests that can be a major interruption in your life. You may be on your way to work and get pulled over and arrested. Even minor warrants lead to arrests, and sometimes the fine increases if the arrest warrant is not resolved as early as possible.

Arrest warrants are a judge’s order for the police to apprehend you. Some warrants are issued because you did not show up for a scheduled court date, some are because you did not adhere to the terms of your probation, and others are because the police suspect you committed a crime.

Warrants are issued in Freeborn County for the same reasons they are issued everywhere across the United States. Although the entire process may differ, the procedures of pre-and post- warrant are basically the same.

Arrest records are public information, and you have to submit a request to view them. Since the records section of the sheriff’s website is incomplete, you must call the sheriff’s department to retrieve records.


If you need information on Freeborn County recent arrests and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)

  • Call the Jail Intake phone line at 507-377-4681 for information on recent arrests.
  • Call Corrections at 507-377-4683 for basic prison information and an inmate search.
  • Contact the Sheriff’s Office at 507-377-5205 for information about arrest warrants.
  • Call the Freeborn County Victim Services at 507-377-5460 for victim assistance and information on protective orders.
  • Contact the Records Division at 507-377-5200 Option 1 for arrest records and other police records.
  • Get in touch with Court Administration at 507-668-6014 for a case search.


Crime statistics of Freeborn County

Freeborn County’s yearly crime rate decreased by 27% to 95 incidents in 2019. Of the cases reported, 11 were violent crimes. ¬†These included 1 rape case and 10 violent assaults. Larceny-theft was the subject of almost 48 of the property crime complaints, while burglaries were the subject of over 28 of them.

Although violent crime in Freeborn County has been on the rise with an increase of nearly 50% in the 10-year span between 1999 and 2008, during the same time, the total reported crime dropped slightly.